Welcome to the New South Wales Assaults / Violence Charges page. Everything you need to know about Assaults / Violence Offences according to New South Wales law can be found in this section of the website.
Each criminal law article contains information relating to:
- What the maximum penalty for the Assault / Violence Charge is
- What the police and prosecution must prove
- Possible defences to the Assault / Violence Charge
- Which court is likely to hear the matter?
Simply click on the law information link that relates to your enquiry.
- Assault causing grievous bodily disease
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Assault police
- Assault police officer in execution of duty causing actual bodily harm
- Attempts to choke
- Causing bodily injury by gun powder
- Common assault
- Failure to provide necessities of life
- Intent to cause grievous bodily harm
- Not providing wife, child or servant with food
- Reckless grievous bodily harm
- Reckless wounding