Welcome to the New South Wales Firearms Charges page. Everything you need to know about Firearms Charges according to New South Wales law can be found in this section of the website.
Each criminal law article contains information relating to:
- What the law states in regard to the Firearms Charge
- What the maximum penalty for the Firearms Charge is
- What the police and prosecution must prove
- Possible defences to the Firearms Charge
- Which court is likely to hear the matter?
Simply click on the law information link that relates to your enquiry.
- Aggravated possesion of unregistered firearm in a public place
- Causing danger with firearm or spear gun
- Dangerous use of a firearm or spear gun
- Firing at dwelling house or buildings
- Possess dangerous articles
- Possess explosives in a public place
- Possess unlicensed firearm
- Possessing or making an explosive
- Possession of unregistered firearm in a public place
- Safe keeping of firearms
- Trespassing with firearm or speargun
- Unauthorised possession of firearms in aggravated circumstances
- Unregistered firearms
- Use unlicensed firearm